To fulfil our ambitions, we must improve our financial strength and flexibility. We will do so by focusing on the following areas.
Increasing our endowment
- Growing our endowment will provide increased long-term income for scholarship and research.
- This growth will come from the addition of new funds from donations and legacies, as well as by working to maximise investment returns.
- We are now more active in managing our investment portfolio, with careful selection and monitoring of our investment managers.
Exercising prudent financial management
- We continue to plan carefully and work diligently, balancing today’s needs with those of the future.
- The Bursar and Operations Director – a post created following the strategic review – are working to simplify operations, identify greater efficiencies and conduct rigorous project appraisals.
- Our aim is to reach a position where our operations break even.
Developing complementary revenue streams
- We aim to grow our conference business by increasing availability and margins.
- We are focusing on maximising room occupancy, both in and out of term time.
- We will maximise rents from our investment properties.
- Above all, everything we do will be to the highest levels of professionalism and with a keen focus on our students, conference customers and tenants.
If you would like to know more about College finances, please contact the Bursar, Ms Nicky Robert, via firstname.lastname@example.org.